Reminders from Odessa Police Dept.
Last updated 3/30/2019 at 6:07pm
In view of the motorcycle races scheduled for the next two weekends, Odessa chief of police Brent Dell reminds local and visiting riders of off-road recreational vehicles, including dirt bikes, that within the town limits of Odessa riders must display a use permit decal issued by the Department of Licensing.
In addition, it is unlawful to:
- operate such vehicles in a manner that endangers the property of others
- travel at speeds greater than the posted limits or 25 mph if not posted
- operate without a headlight and taillight between the hours of dusk and dawn
- operate without an adequate braking device
- operate the vehicle when under the age of 16 or without a valid driver’s license and proper insurance
The streets within the town limits that have been designated by ordinance to allow off-road vehicle traffic are:
1. Sage Drive NE to South Fairway.
2. S. Fairway to West Fourth Ave.
3. W. Fourth Ave. to South First Street
4. S. First St. to Roy Ave.