The Odessa Record -

Author photo

By Byrne Bennett
The Record-Times 

Generator catches fire, burns down home

 

Last updated 11/11/2022 at 11:27am

Byrne Bennett | The Record-Times

Chris and Lauren Freebourn lost their Reardan home to a fire started by a generator during a windstorm Friday, Nov. 4.

REARDAN–A fire destroyed a home on Wood road 17 miles northeast of town during the windstorm that battered the region on Saturday, Nov. 5. After a power outage, a generator caught fire and quickly spread to a shed and then to the house.

Chris Freebourn was home with his wife Lauren and their three children when their power shut off Friday night. Just after midnight, he set up a generator on the back porch to power a space heater and a cell phone charger.

When the heater turned off after 20 minutes, he went outside to check on the generator. It, a nearby shed and the house's siding were...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Cheney Free Press
Ritzville Adams County Journal
Whitman County Gazette
Odessa Record
Franklin Connection
Davenport Times
Spokane Valley News Herald
Colfax Daily Bulletin

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2022

Rendered 12/06/2022 16:20