The Odessa Record -


The Record 

This week in Odessa History

 

Last updated 7/1/2020 at 9:17pm



100 years ago

June 18, 1920: The drilling of a new town well was completed at a depth of 170 feet. The drilling passed through three different veins of water, and the depth in the well has risen to 140 feet. Drillers were satisfied with water at the 140-foot mark but town council members wanted to take no chance on shortages and had the well lowered another 30 feet.

Another landmark is being razed this week to make room for the new community hall. The razed building was only the second erected in Odessa, built in 1900 by Gus Zabel who operated a general store there.

June 25, 2020: Joe Silv...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020