Last updated 2/1/2024 at 8:42am
100 years ago
• The Davenport School District held an election to determine whether the district would validate $6,900 in outstanding warrants.
• Lincoln County highways closed by order of state engineer Fred Doolittle and county engineer J.L. Thayer. Heavy traffic and frozen roads melting into flood-like conditions were cited in reasoning.
• Lambert McGee lost his leg when he fell off a freight train near Harrington and the train ran over said leg.
75 years ago
• Davenport city council rejected a plea for putting pinball machines in the city.
• Grange Milling company announce...