By Marjorie Womach
Special to The Record 

Historic dedication of edifice

 

Last updated 5/6/2021 at 8:34am



HARRINGTON – The structure of the current Harrington Community Church was dedicated on October 22, 1961 by Pastor Berton D. Connerly of the then Community Congregational Church. The new brick structure incorporated the 1956 educational and social building; the former church buildings had been removed. In their program for the dedication service they traced the history of their church to 1884 when a Presbyterian Church was organized with 17 members, and a building erected in 1899 at a cost of just over $1,000. The Baptist Church completed their church building in 1902 at a cost of $3,600....



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Cheney Free Press
Ritzville Adams County Journal
Whitman County Gazette
Odessa Record
Franklin Connection
Davenport Times
Spokane Valley News Herald
Colfax Daily Bulletin

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2024

Rendered 02/27/2024 20:18